torsdag 17 februari 2011

Hybrid!

I watched parts of Cremaster where Matthew Barney describes how he is attracted by his work and how he gets fascinated by the strange and eerie.

I came to think of this project I did a year ago. I made a cat mask and wore it for a day.

With this work I wanted to approach the human fascination with the blend of man and animals. It was based on people's historical connection to animals but also to the contact we have with animals today and how society shaped us.

I went home on the subway with the mask, children became frightened, while the adults were curious and very social. I liked this project, but it was funny how I started acting like a cat.

I was not filmed and I did not do it as a performance but it was very special, perhaps something that I should be investigated further.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar