onsdag 16 februari 2011

My Workstation Monday 14/2 With The Theme POWER

The film will not be shown here.
It´s to big!

The exercise or experiment began with me giving the group a questiona and the person who answered correctly were given a specific task. This person was asked to lead the others in Konstfacks premises until the group protested. The group was blindfolded and walked on a line. The group changed the positions when the leader told them to.

This went on for 60 minutes after 50 minutes, we left them in a toilet where they stood for five minutes before they took off the blindfold. This film shows the first 20 minutes of the exercise.

It felt like we could have been continued for much longer. If I would do it again, I would prohibit speech. I think it would make a big difference. The speech is both calming and encouraging the participants. In the discussion, we concluded that the results probably would have been different if there were more or fewer participants. I asked why they did not give up earlier, one reasons was that they did not perceive the time and the second was that they did not want to ruin it for me when they knew it was my workstation.

We also discussed how people sometimes want to be controlled, how much you trust the leader and how blind people must feel.

The question I asked in the beginning was placed there to draw attention to how knowledge can be related to power.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar